TV Programming isn't appropriate for Kids

I don't watch a lot of TV in fact I'm lucky if I get to watch my favorite shows once a month. However today I had a dentist appointment to fill 6 fillings and after the appointment all I could do was watch TV. I have to wonder if the individuals who decide on the TV programming timetable have kids or if they do what they think is appropriate for kids to watch.

When my kids were younger the sexual induendo went right over their heads and they would laugh at the physical comedy. Now my son is 8 years old and it no longer goes over his head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Grade 3 is a little young to be finding out about SEX. I should not feel uncomfortable watching sitcoms with my kids during the hours of 4pm to 8pm.

TV shows like Family Guy, 2 and a half men, and Everybody Loves Raymond should not be on the television during 4pm to 8pm. Yes there are channels dedicated to children and when they do watch TV they watch the Hannah Montana and the Suite Life types of shows. When elsewhere though, like grandparents, they are exposed to shows like two and a half men.

So what can parents do to help the children of our nation? Boycott these shows and not wathching TV at these times. The benefit of that is that you will get way more done if you're not sitting around watching TV. Write emails to your local stations and cable companies. I choose not to watch TV, with only one TV in the house it's not hard for me to do this. I would rather work and read then watch TV anyway.

What are your thoughts about Prime Time TV programming.

No comments:

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background