Christmas Left Me in the RED!!! Broke, No cash left.

Even with cutting back I spent everything I had on gifts for Christmas, I even gave my husband his late so I could wait for the next cheque to come in. My husband and I talked about money and my spending habits last night because I can't afford to buy groceries. I am terrible at keeping track of what's in my bank account and what's suppose to be coming out of it. I thought I had $100.00 left after I paid for everything but I forgot about my kids activities and specifically a dance costume fee that would be debited January 1st.

I've tried keeping track and it lasts for all of 2 days and I'm back to spending money without a record. It's not like I have a lot of cash, after all I'm unemployed, so I need to be more careful.

Thing is I know what to do and I know how to budget and tricks to keep on track but I just don't do it.... I'm too lazy to organize myself every payday. The best way I've found so far not to spend money is to stay home - of course it works for me because I cut up all my credit cards.

I don't get why I'm so irresponsible when it comes to money. Both my parents were very thrifty and responsible when it came to money, that's why they are so financially solid now. My brother is a good saver and very responsible with money and credit. I am not....

Thankfully my husband is extremely responsible and anal when it comes to money and that is what keeps us afloat and in the Black as a family. He has ensured that are solvent and never are strapped for our mortgage payments etc. When I think of all the money I've wasted it's no wonder he is always mad at me.

When I look back to 10 years ago when my son was born it was different, I was very responsible with my money. I only bought what I needed, I only bought him stuff on his birthday and Christmas. I had money in the bank and an RRSP savings account. Then 3 years later I stayed home and started scrapbooking and going to WalMart or the mall more often. I started buying him toys and stuff every time we went out and then it just became habit. Now my house if filled with books, scrapbooking supplies and toys they never use and my bank account is empty.

Basically my income went way down - I mean way down and my expenses went way up. I didn't manage my money or my time very well. Well that has got to change - there is nothing that anyone in this family needs and there is one thing I want but I'll save for it. Time to get responsible, time to be an adult.

No comments:

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background